Billy Milligan - was the first person diagnosed with multiple personality disorder to raise such a defense
These ten are the alters whom Ragen and Arthur decided were not “undesirable”. They freely shared consciousness, and doctors quickly learned of their existences.
1. Billy Milligan (William Stanley Milligan) is the core personality.
2. Arthur is an extremely sophisticated and educated Englishman. An expert in science and medicine, with a focus on hematology. He is in “the spot”—that is, in charge of the shared body—during times that required intellectual thinking. Arthur is one of only two personalities who could classify a person in the group as an undesirable.
3. Ragen Vadascovinich is the “keeper of hate”. His name is come from word “rage again”. Ragen describes himself as Yugoslavian, has a Slavic accent and can write and speak in Serbo-Croatian. He controls the spot in dangerous times and can designate group members as “undesirable”. He admitted committing robbery in order to support “the family,” but had no knowledge of the rapes.
4. Allen is a con man and a manipulator. He is the most common person to talk to the outside world. He plays the drums and paints portraits. Also the only right-handed self. He is the only personality that smokes cigarettes.
5. Tommy is the escape artist; he is often confused with Allen. He plays the tenor sax and is an electronics expert. He is also a painter, specializing in landscapes.
6. Danny is afraid of people, especially men. He only paints still lifes, saying that this was because Chalmer made him dig his own grave and buried him in it.
7. David, age eight, is the “keeper of pain”. He comes to the spot to take the pain of the others.
8. Christene, age three, was the one who would stand in the corner in school when “Billy” would get in trouble. She has dyslexia, but Arthur taught her to read and write. Ragen has a special bond with her.
9. Christopher, Christene’s brother, plays the harmonica.
10. Adalana, a lesbian, cooks and cleans house for the others, and writes poetry. Milligan’s attorney claimed that Adalana had admitted to committing the rapes without the knowledge of Milligan or the other alters.
These people were labeled “undesirable” after breaking the rules laid down by Ragen and Arthur. These alters were no longer allowed “on the spot” (i.e., to hold consciousness) and only revealed themselves after Milligan was sent to the hospital.
11. Phil is a thug and took part in planning some small time crimes. Has a Brooklyn accent. Marked due to him being a criminal.
12. Kevin is a criminal planner; he helped devise a plan to rob a drug store. Labeled also because he is a criminal.
13. Walter is Australian. He calls himself a big-game hunter and has an excellent sense of direction. Was often used as a spotter. He was labeled because he shot and killed a crow.
14. April only has thoughts about destroying Billy’s stepfather. Declared an Undesirable when she convinced Ragen to kill Chalmer. Luckily though Arthur was able to talk him out of it at the last second.
15. Samual is the Jewish person. He is the only one who believes in God. Was marked because he sold some of the other people’s personal paintings.
16. Mark is the workhorse. He is often referred to as the zombie because he does nothing unless he is told, and will stare at walls when bored.
17. Steve is the impostor, he uses imitations for comedy. Steve never accepted that he was an MP. He was made to be undesirable because his comedy caused the family problems.
18. Lee is the prankster and his practical jokes normally get the family into trouble. He does not care about consequences for his actions. He was made an undesirable because one of his jokes put them into solitary confinement.
19. Jason is the pressure valve. He was used at the beginning to release tension for the family, but he caused them to get into too much trouble and was marked as an undesirable.
20. Bobby always dreams of leading some adventure or fixing some global crisis, but he has no ambitions and was labeled due to that fact.
21. Shawn, who is four and deaf, makes buzzing sounds so he can feel the vibration in his head. He was labeled an undesirable because there was no benefit from being deaf later on in life. (Even though he is an undesirable he was never cast into the shadows beyond the spot; he was just never allowed to take the spot.)
22. Martin is a snob, from New York. He wants things just handed over to him without earning them.
23. Timothy worked in a florist shop until he encountered a homosexual who flirted with him. He went into his own world after that.
24. (Note: the teacher is not an Undesirable.) The Teacher, was by far the greatest milestone to helping Billy achieve fusion. He is the sum of all other 23 people put together, and has almost total recall of all the other people’s actions and thoughts.
**All 24 had a different IQ and different from each other EEG dataTags: #Billy Milligan #psychiatry #multiple personality disorder
- eirophymeh likes this
- bronya-nya reblogged this from beingyourhero
- aelitaslover likes this
- myloveforoldhollywood reblogged this from beingyourhero
- shingjj reblogged this from beingyourhero
- smorganrae09 reblogged this from beingyourhero
- ippo-tsuko likes this
- cutiecowbabe likes this
- lamia18518 reblogged this from beingyourhero
- lamia18518 likes this
- eternalsunshineofyou likes this
- aluminimum reblogged this from beingyourhero
- mayaserber likes this
- goldarnit reblogged this from beingyourhero and added:
- pimpdaddydead likes this
- chelsea1dagger7 likes this
- iamjustcara likes this
- praylittlekay reblogged this from hyperboliceleste
- praylittlekay likes this
- abqryanarchive likes this
- section9 likes this
- whitewhaler reblogged this from beingyourhero
- leo-lizzy3 reblogged this from goldenbum
- leo-lizzy3 likes this
- janwinchester91 reblogged this from kara-tails
- janwinchester91 likes this
- illieous reblogged this from kara-tails
- kara-tails reblogged this from goldenbum
- goldenbum reblogged this from moosearmstrong
- moosearmstrong reblogged this from beingyourhero
- thevoiceofnewyork reblogged this from beingyourhero
- why-dont-you-carry-me reblogged this from beingyourhero
- thebreaks0ver likes this
- thecherrybear likes this
- whereiscoachbombay likes this
- iamthedottedline reblogged this from beingyourhero
- returbio reblogged this from beingyourhero
- whoopsiedaisyangel likes this
- beatricide likes this
- beingyourhero posted this